Much of Henge Estate has been designed with families in mind, including:
- Playground with trampoline, sandpit, swings, etc
- Walled garden with frog pond and play house
- Games room with snooker/pool table, toys and books
- Woodland path around the property
- 14ft above-ground swimming pool
- Hot tub near the house
- Tennis court with balls and racquets
- Large lawns with outdoor games equipment including two football nets and balls
- Private bathrooms for every bedroom including 5 rooms with baths
- Three rooms with Smart TVs – to satisfy varying age preferences!
- Library with board and card games
We can supply items for younger children including:
- Children’s dinnerware
- Cots and toddler beds
- Stair gates
- Baby monitors
- Black out blinds
- Baby bath
- Baby bouncer
There are many local attractions within 5 to 45 minutes drive for children, including:
- Pony days and pony rides
- Shrewton playground and recreation centre with BMX track
- Cholderton Rare Breeds Farm and Café
- Gifford’s Circus
- Stonehenge and other historical sites
- Marlborough College Summer School
- Sculpture Parks and Art Galleries
- Longleat Safari and Adventure Park
- Finkley Down Farm and Soft Play
- Paultons Park & Peppa Pig World
- Army Flying Museum
Henge Estate welcomes well-behaved dogs. There are plenty of local walks for dogs as well as a one-mile path around the whole estate. The property is not fully enclosed but is secluded and the house sits some distance from main roads. Dogs need to be on a lead if walked through the horse fields on the Groggie Way or Hinde’s Leg paths.
The Manor House has a downstairs shower with spray for large dogs and a laundry sink with a spray hose for smaller dogs. Dog towels can be provided.
A professional dog grooming/clipping service can be booked at The Stables on Henge Estate prior to your arrival.
Guest’s horses are welcome, subject to availability. There is a livery and stables at Henge Estate, where a box and feed may be available on-site, or at the neighbouring stables.
Nearby bridle paths and the Salisbury Plains are great for hacks.
Contact us for more information and to book your horse for a stay.
“We’ve just returned from this stunning place having spent a week there with our friends and children. What a stunning place! Victoria has such amazing taste and has decorated every room impeccably. The attention to detail is lovely, providing anything and everything you can need. There was so much space, beautiful gardens and grounds, and a great location. We particularly loved the children’s play area which kept our little ones entertained for hours whilst we sipped our wine!! We would absolutely recommend this to anyone wanting a UK break with family and friends. I don’t think you’ll find better hosts. Sarah